Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 14: Welcome to the Second Trimester

Here I was thinking I was already in the second trimester for the last two weeks. Apparently some consider the beginning of the second trimester to be week 12, others think it is week 14. Either way, at 14 weeks 1 day I am definitely in the second trimester.

I have more pictures to share but I still don't look all that different despite my weight gain (this is apparently typical for a first pregnancy). I can see my lower belly starting to bow outward though.

8 Weeks
14 Weeks

My cravings are just as strong as ever (tomatoes, cheese, and sour candy), but I've been attempting to eat a healthy and balanced diet. I also have another workout to share.

The one I did today is actually a modified version of two workouts I've done in the past: an upper body and a lower body workout plus a short run/jog.  

This workout will not be suitable for all pregnant women. You will need to be very careful using weights while pregnant. Reduce your weights and intensity when necessary, always remember to breathe, and if you can't perform the move with proper form stop immediately. Lifting weights over your head is a concern during pregnancy. so discuss your workout routine with your doctor. Pregnancy is not the time to begin a weight lifting routine. 


Upper Body (8-10 reps)
Bicep curls
Tricep dips
Push ups
Hammer curls
DB one arm tricep extension
DB chest press
Iso curls
DB tricep overhead extension
Max reps pull ups

Lower Body
20 squat jumps
20 backward lunges + kick (10 each side)
20 squats
20 lunge jumps
20 sumo squats

60 seated toe taps
60 second plank
60 Bird-dogs
60 second side plank (30 seconds each side)
60 mountain climbers

20 jumping jacks
20 high knees
20 calf raises

10 minute run/jog

This took me about 34 minutes plus a cool down stretch. Go at your own speed and intensity. The shoes in the picture are actually the shoes I use for running. They're ASICS Women's GT 2000 2 running shoe for anyone who is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment