Monday, September 15, 2014

Pregnancy Week 15 and 16 + New Ultrasound Pictures

Sixteen weeks already, almost half way! I'm still not looking very pregnant. My 15 week pictures started to look like I was getting a little bump, but it appears to have vanished in my 16 week pictures. That's kind of how it has been going this last week. I go to bed with a little bump and I wake up with a flat stomach. The mysteriously disappearing, reappearing bump.

I am starting to look different though! My waist line is not nearly as defined, my abdominal muscles are less prominant, and I've got a little poke in my lower belly.

Here are the progress pics (sorry for the messy room in the 15 week pics, I was in my brother's room since I was visiting family).

8 Weeks
15 Weeks

And here is 8 weeks compared to 16 weeks (this morning!):

8 Weeks
16 Weeks

Grow baby, grow!

And here is what I looked like in clothes at 15 weeks 5 days:

So not all that different in clothes, but we're making progress. Not sure where all this dang weight I've gained has gone to, but whatever. Baby is looking good, so I'm happy. 

And now for some ultrasound pictures! My Aunt Jane is the best, so I got to get another sneaky peek at the baby :) This ultrasound was done at 15 weeks 5 days.


Here is the baby. Its head is on the left and it's on its back. Look at its little upturned nosey!


Here is the baby giving you all the bird (not very nice, baby!). Its head is on the right now and its hand is above its face.


This one doesn't look like much, but if you look to the upper left hand corner you will see a little foot! Sorry baby, you have my creepy long toes (you can't tell that in this picture - baby moved around too much - but I got to see it in person).


Here you can see a really good view of its spine. 

So far, everything is looking pretty good! Baby has a good looking heart and heart beat, a spine, two legs, two feet, two arms, and two little hands! I also got to see all its tiny ribs!

The baby was incredibly active (as per usual) and we had to chase it around for while to get most of these images. When we listened to the heart beat on the doppler there was tons of clunking and clicking, which indicates the baby is moving. As you can see in the ultrasound pics, its head starts on one side and ends up switching to the other.

At 16 weeks, the baby is about 4-5 inches long, which is roughly the size of an avacado according to my pregnancy app. However, it only weighs 3-5 ounces. At the ultrasound, the heart rate was 138 beat per minute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment