Friday, September 5, 2014

Pregnancy and Fitness: Upper and Lower Focus WOD

My mantra for this pregnancy so far is "I'm pregnant, not sick" whenever I'm feeling lazy and don't want to work out. Today was definitely one of those days where I had to convince myself to get off my butt and exercise. Here is what I did today:


I tend to do 8 reps for exercises that use dumbbells. If you've ever done P90X, then you know 8-10 reps is for size, 12-15 is to get lean. Choose your preference, then go from there. As always, every pregnancy is different and you should always consult with your doctor about your exercise regimen.

Upper - Repeat 3X
8 Military Shoulder Press
8 One arm DB row (L and R)
8 Front raise
5 Chin ups
8 Lateral raise
16 Bird Dogs (8 each side)

Lower
10 lunges
10 lunges, 10 squats
10 lunges 10 squats, 10 weight calf raises
10 lunges 10 squats, 10 weight calf raises
10 lunges, 10 squats
10 lunges

Run 2 miles

This took me about 35 minutes.

Pregnancy Updates

Yesterday I went to my first centering meeting. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically group healthcare. I still have my normal one-on-one appointments with my doctor but these meetings are to provide support and foster information sharing (the idea being you may hear questions you never even thought to ask, or get some relief to find out you aren't the only preggo person who hasn't crapped in three days--I'm such a lady). 

I got to hear the baby's heartbeat on a doppler, which was awesome. I was not expecting that. I also managed to keep my blood pressure in check, which is always a plus. Prior to pregnancy I had a pretty terrible case of White Coat Syndrome, and just the site of a doctor would send my BP soaring. 

Anyway, while listening to the heartbeat I kept hearing these weird clicking/clunking noises. Apparently that happens every time the baby moves. The nurses call it "moving furniture". We have an absurdly active baby from the sounds of it. Why am I not surprised? Looking at you, husband.

I also got all my results back from all the blood work and tests they have run so far and everything is looking good. To use the nurse's words, "Your health is perfect." 

No comments:

Post a Comment