Monday, September 22, 2014

Pregnancy Week 17: New House

Let the moving madness begin! Josh and I will be moving to a new house next weekend (still in NC, just closer to the beach and friends).

Here were my must haves to move:
  • 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms. Check.
  • More space and storage. Our current house is around 1200 sq ft; the new house is around 1800 sq ft. Check.
  • 2 car garage. Check.
  • His and hers sinks. Check.
Here were things I would prefer:
  • Hardwood floors. Check.
  • Close to the beach. Check.
  • Open concept. This one didn't really happen. However, the main living area is huge.
Look at all of my win!

The only thing I didn't like is the kitchen isn't as open to the living area as I would prefer. You can see into the living area from the kitchen, just not like my current set up where I can see the entire living area from the kitchen. But oh well. You can't have everything, and this house came pretty darn close to everything I wanted.

In the mean time, I am packing like a crazy person. No matter how much packing I get done, it still feels like I haven't even made a dent. Oh well.

But who cares about the boring "how-it-happens" part? Clearly, you are all just here for the pictures ;)

Note: None of the furniture or decor belong to us. The house was staged. I'll take pictures of my own once everything is moved in and in place.


Here is the front of the house. Note the legit two car garage. Not a garage that can technically fit two cars, but a garage that can actually fit two cars and have enough space to open the car doors once inside. Plus, the garage has a large suspended platform to STORE things on. Storage is going to be a big theme of this post, FYI.


Here is the living area. I've included a few different angles of this room. Look at all the natural light.


Gas fireplace.


Hardwood floors throughout for the win. The only carpeting is in the bedroom. This makes me so happy.


This is the view from the living area down the hall. To the right is a coat closet, down the hall next to the open bathroom door is a linen closet. STORAGE.


Here is one side of the kitchen,


Kitchen from a different angle. Look at that window. Just look at it. It is beautiful.


Kitchen from yet another angle. Look at that pantry. Look at those cabinets. LOOK AT MY STORAGE!


Dining area. Oh look, more cabinets. MORE STORAGE :D


Guest bath. Medicine cabinet = STORAGE.


Guest bedroom. There is a closet, it's just not in the picture.


This will be the nursery. Again, the closet is not in the picture.


Super awesomely huge master bedroom.


Look at all my glorious space :D Plus, a walk in closet.


Master bath. His and hers sinks are an absolute must. I cannot ever go back now that I know of their glory. Also, another medicine cabinet.


Screened. In. Porch. Absolute must in the south. Too many dang bugs.


The shed we get to use. No more stinky lawn mower in my garage. STORAGE.


Look at this driveway. Look at it.

It is glorious. My house is no where near the street like the other houses. My house is on the other side of the wardrobe. My house is Narnia.

Now onto baby updates!

I don't actually have too much to report. I had another checkup and I got to listen to the heartbeat on the Doppler. It was around 130-140 (so about the same as last time).

However, I do think I felt movement. It was an incredibly strange fluttery sensation. It was not gas, that much I know. I have never felt anything like it before, but it was so brief that I couldn't really be sure. Plus, I have an anterior placenta, which means my placenta is cushioning much of the baby's movements making it unlikely to feel movement this early. However, this mamba jamba is super active so perhaps I did feel it.

Here are my week 17 pics. Sorry they are so blurry, I had to take them with my iPad since my camera battery died.

This is 8 weeks compared to 17 weeks (today):

8 Weeks
17 Weeks

So, you know, still not looking pregnant. I asked my doctor about it at my checkup and she doesn't think I will "pop" until 20-24 weeks given how fit I was prior to pregnancy and my continued (although altered) fitness regimen. My weight gain is normal and the baby is doing well so that's all that matters :)

Baby stats: At 17 weeks the baby is 5 inches long, weighs about 5 ounces, and is roughly the size of a turnip. The baby can hear me now and will apparently recognize songs if I sing them during pregnancy then after birth. Apparently, the baby is also now practicing sucking and swallowing so it can eat and all the good stuff once it is born.

We won't find out the gender until October 28th, which is infuriating. We could probably find out now, but Naval makes you wait until 20-22 weeks because they also want to make sure all the baby's organs are looking good. We are going in at 22 weeks and 1 day in hopes that the hubs will actually be able to make this appointment since it is one of the bigger/more exciting ones. The receptionist was giving me a ration of crap about it.

"Let's see...your window for an anatomy ultrasound is October 13 through the 27th."
"Yes, I would like to schedule it for the 28th if at all possible *Explanation about hubs*"
"But that's outside your 20 to 22 week window. We can't do that."

We proceeded to go back and forth about how I want Josh there since he will not be here for the birth and is already missing so much. She kept harping on about the 20 to 22 week window. I finally got fed up and got a wee bit blunt.

"Will its sexual organs somehow disappear if not viewed within that window?"
"No..."
"So will one day really be that big of a problem."
"Well...no, not really."

Appointment scheduled. Done.

I asked around after the fact and apparently they like that window because that is when it is easiest to see all the baby's organs. If we go earlier than that window, the organs may not be fully formed. Later than that, they get too big and are hard to see individually (I think). Again, I seriously doubt one day is going to ruin everything ever.

Anyway, fingers crossed that Josh can actually be there for the appointment :)

UPDATE: Josh will not be able to come to the appointment. His training got extended, big surprise. I moved the appointment to October 15th since there is no point in delaying it when there is zero chance of him being able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment