Monday, September 29, 2014

Pregnancy Week 18: Progress and 4D Ultrasound Pictures

This is probably the busiest week I've had in a long time. There is still a lot of unpacking to do, but I think I will focus on what we have completed so far:
  1. Kitchen is 100% unpacked
  2. Office is set up (even though I'm going to get new desk to match the rest of the furniture in the coming week, oh well)
  3. Living room is set up and unpacked (we have discovered we will need an area rug though to combat wheeled coffee table on hardwood floor slipperiness)
  4. Guest bath is unpacked
  5. Bedroom is set up, but closet and bathroom still need to be unpacked
  6. Back porch is set up with table and chairs
Major things that still need to happen:
  1. Hang up pictures
  2. Put away clothes
  3. Unpack main bathroom (need to get cabinet/storage organizer first)
  4. Construct new guest bed frame (once it arrives)
Then I can focus on setting up a baby registry, especially since I know we are having a girl!!!

By far the most common question Josh and I have both gotten since the gender reveal is "Have you thought about names yet?"

Yes, yes we have, but we are not sharing. I have heard too many stories of people sharing their super important opinions about baby names.

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking on my part, but I think people are far less likely to say rude things about our name choice once the child is born versus when she is still in utero

Now on to the pictures! First up are my progress pictures. You will have to excuse the boxes upon boxes upon boxes. Things just got put any old where when we first moved in (also, lolz tampax box).

8 Weeks
18 Weeks

I definitely look different now, but not like I'm pregnant. Oh well. I'll "pop" eventually.

Here is a picture from last night of Nona being cuddly. Since about week 8 of the pregnancy she has become obsessed with snuggling with my stomach and trying to burrow her face in it.


Nona is still adjusting to the new house. She's still skittish if Josh or I make a sudden loud noise, but she is getting more comfortable with her new surroundings.

And now for the 4D ultrasound pictures (to clarify, the pictures are actually 3D, but they came from my 4D ultrasound). These first three are good shots of baby's feet and toes. The last one she is trying to make a grab for her foot :)




There next two are good shots of her hands. The first one I posted in the last blog update. The second one her hand closest to the front is blurry since she moves so dang much, but you can see her other hand pretty clear :)



Here you can see her little toesies and hands. She has her momma's long toes ;)



She's being camera shy in this one, hiding her little face behind her hand:

Here she is in the process of sucking her thumb <3 She's moving really fast, so her face is blurred, but you can easily see what she is doing :)




And here is the traditional 2D shot again :)


This week baby girl is approximately 5.5 inches long, weighs about 5 ounces, and is roughly the size of a sweet potato. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment