Friday, September 21, 2012

Weight loss, job search, another website

I have most exciting news: I am back down to my wedding weight. Take that honeymoon poundage! Granted three months to lose six pounds isn't really much to brag about; however, I lost three of those six pounds in the past three weeks alone. I decided there must be something to this eating healthy shtick since my first time through Insanity only produced a three pound weight loss. I also decided I was going to do something about this body of mine while my husband was in the field for three weeks.

By planning my meals, eating a lot of fresh produce and cutting out hard liquor I got the results I've been waiting for. I still drink beer on the weekends and enjoy some wine with my folks over our weekly dinner, but I'm not partying like there is no tomorrow. Not that I was a party girl to begin with, but a mixed drink packs a way bigger calorie toll than a beer or a glass of wine. I've been trying to keep my average daily calorie intake around 1500. Granted, this actually means 4-5 days of the week I'm taking in around 1200-1300, and 2-3 days of the week I'm taking in around 1800 (nights I want to indulge in less than healthy snacks).

And now for a non sequitur and another shameless self promotion: Yesterday I brought live my MIL's newly redesigned website: rosebuddoula.net. She offers childbirth classes and other doula services, so feel free to check it out!

This is essentially what I have been doing during my time dancing with unemployment (a whole week of unemployment, woe is me). I've also been updating my resume, updating my cover letter, and performing an extensive job search. I got a call today and hopefully something will come of it, because it is essentially the exact job I was doing with NASSP, with a heavier content writing focus rather than coding. My ability to code was actually described as the "icing on the cake" and my college performance was highly praised. I keep telling myself not to get too excited, but it still feels good knowing I have skills that are employable. The company is also a very well known one, which is also a plus because sometimes these job advertisements seem great until you learn of the company and suddenly everything seems much more sketchy.

So here is to my improved diet, my second web design going live, a job interview, and my husband coming home from the field tomorrow!

1 comment: