Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Starting Insanity Over, Nutrition, Life

So, I was supposed to have p90x by now, but I guess my friend got too busy to send it. Oh well, I guess in the end I will probably just have to buy it. In the mean time, I decided to start Insanity over. My husband is gone for awhile on a PEX, so I figure that gives me time to really work out the nutrition aspect (I usually do really well, then get lazy and forget to plan out meals, so hopefully all this free time will lead to better planning and better results). I'm looking over the nutrition book again and seeing if they have any meals that actually sound appetizing (I'm sure there are at least a few) and I'll supplement some of my own meals that I know are healthy and I actually enjoy.

Something I noticed about repeating month 1 after month 2 is that it is not so much easier, just different. I found month 2 to be much more cardio. Repeating plyometrics (the workout I considered the hardest in month 1) to be much easier than month 2 oxygen-wise, but much harder strength-wise. I could breath easily (albeit heavily) through the whole workout--my heart rate never went over 180, whereas the first time I did plyo, my heart rate soared to 210 at moments. However, my shoulders ached like fire in a way they did not in month 2. My muscles fatigued much faster than I expected. I had oxygen enough to keep going; I very rarely needed to stop, whereas month 1 I stopped all the time. Like a said, not so much easier as different, which is guess is somewhat the point. I remember starting month 2 and it kicked my ass, but perhaps that was purely a cardio/oxygen issue rather than lack of muscle to pull it off. I suppose we shall see going forward. 

On another note, it is stress city over here. I just found out my job isn't going to let me contract for the short term so in a couple of weeks I am  jobless and on the hunt again. Oh yea, we're moving. Out of state. For the first time in my life I am not living in a 1 mile radius of where I was born. This is both awesome and terrifying.

I also think my job is being highly moronic by not keeping me on for a short period. We are in the middle of massive website redesigns--Oh well, why shouldn't one person be able to handle editing, updating, cleaning up reusable content, and data entry for 3 new websites? Oh, we need to keep our currently existing websites updated with monthly pubs, e-news, media releases and what have you--Oh well, members don't care about those sort of things; you know, the things they pay for to be a member. Oh, your promos and marketing? You want them on the web? Too bad. Oh, I'm the only one who knows how to work our whacked out CMS in check? Lalala, no need to keep me on, especially when you find someone to replace me (not only replace me, but do the work of a whole other, completely unrelated position). Too bad I won't be around to train them on the things only I know how to do.

Can you hear the hilarious? I gave more than twice the required notice in hopes this would not happen. Then again, I should know better by now than to hope. Leadership is down and pessimism is up. I can see the dominoes poised and I wonder who will be the next to drop--assuming, that is, that I am the first. Perhaps that is too presumptuous. I am, after all, the rock that holds up the ladder so it's not as if upper management will even realize the slow in productivity and the nose dive of quality has anything to do with my departure.

Anyway, in my world of job/joblessness stress, husband away stress, weight stress, diet stress, and moving stress (that list is in no particular order of importance; I wouldn't even know where to begin on what is most stressful--it changes daily) the only solid thing I currently have is a moving date and Insanity. It's nice to know at least one thing in my day-to-day is planned and ready to go.

Tomorrow and cardio power and resistance. Bring it on, Insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment