Thursday, September 6, 2012

Another Day, Another Meal, Another Website


So I decided this week I would plan out my meals, not that I didn’t already basically do that for breakfast and lunch. I am a creature of habit and typically eat the same things (or at least things with the same calorie content) for breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast is in actually spread from 9-12. I arrive at work at 7:45 and have two cups of coffee between then and 9. At 9, the munching begins. I eat at 9, 10, 11, and 12 then lunch is at 1:15. Most people ask why I don’t just eat everything at 9 and wait until lunch. They go on about breakfast being the most important meal blah blah blah. I don’t deny it is important (granted I find all times that involve food to be important), but I am hypo(hyper? I can never remember)glycemic. I am constantly hungry regardless of what I eat. So I could eat everything that I normally eat between 9 and 12, but I would be hungry again at 10. My body does not seem to care how much or how little I ate (unless I absolutely gorged myself); I will be hungry again about an hour later.

So, my snack items for 9, 10, 11, and 12 usually look something like this (it varies between items depending on the day): 2 large white cheddar cheese rice cakes, 16 mini salt and pepper rice cakes, maple cream of wheat, strawberries and cream oatmeal, fruit in a cup, nut and berry mix, and so on. 4 of those items typically make it into my morning. The calorie content varies between 350 and 500. My lunch is usually either a sandwich, a lettuce wrap (same content as the sandwich except I swap the bread for Romaine lettuce leaves), a fettucini alfredo Lean Cuisine, or a soup. The Lean Cuisines are usually when I need to grocery shop or I am being supremely lazy. At any rate lunch varies between 200 and 320 (unless the office goes out for lunch, then I look up the restaurants and try to keep it around 400). The end result is when I come home I am sitting at 550-820 calories. I shoot for about 1500 for week days (because I know I will likely splurge on some drinks or chips and salsa if I go out with my husband and our friends over the weekend). My end goal is for my average daily calorie intake to be around 1700.

The problem then comes to dinner. I typically have 680-950 calories to burn on dinner and an after dinner snack. My snack is usually around 150 calories. This knocks down dinner to 530-800 calories. This should not be difficult if dinner is preplanned. If it is not, I typically have to find something fast and easy, which in the food world means boxed or frozen meals. I try to look at the nutrition information when I buy them, but sometimes when in a pinch I don’t honestly care as long as the food gets in my belly asap.

So here are my dinner plans for the next few days:

Thursday: grilled squash and asparagus stalks rolled with cream cheese inside 2 slices of turkey

Friday: stuffed peppers

Saturday: egg roll chicken pot pies (significantly healthier for you than traditional pot pie)

I’ll be posting the recipes and nutrition info for Thursday and Saturday’s meals in the near future. The stuffed pepper info is here.

In completely unrelated news, I completed my first ever website design. I guess it was more of a redesign as they had an existing site, but it was very, incredibly basic (as in it had a background color and some input buttons for navigation).

So here it is in all of it's shiny, new glory: schoolsandtownsend.com. It's nothing super fancy, but I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment