Monday, March 6, 2017

Pregnancy Weeks 32 + 33: So Much Nesting

My uterus has finally calmed down! My last OB appointment was uneventful and my cervix is holding steady. The baby was measuring really small, but I was pretty sure that was because she dropped lower. My OB ordered an ultrasound as a precaution. Baby girl is measuring spot on with my due date and her fluid levels look good. As expected, she's just really far down. The ultrasound tech wanted to grab a picture of her face for me, but baby girl was too low for her to be able to see her face. So now I am back to biweekly appointments instead of weekly. Hooray for normalcy! Here are my comparison pictures for 32 and 33 weeks.

32 weeks with E on the left; 32 weeks with this pregnancy on the right.



33 weeks with E on the left; 33 weeks with this pregnancy on the right.


Nesting

I have a crafting problem. I've made two mobiles, decorated a picture frame with gems, hung painted mason jars with flowers, and made another piece of wall art using mason jars for E's room. I also made block letters for the nursery, but I won't be sharing those until after I give birth.My crafts are spilling over into other parts of the house now (like E's room). I just want to organize, decorate, and clean everything.

Below is what I used to make the second mobile as well as a picture of the finished project (inspired yet again by my friend's mobile). I cut the flower bunches into individual stems so I could hang them with floral stem wires. I wrapped the uppermost part of the stems of the purple and white flowers and attached them on the inner most ring of the green wire. On the middle ring, I alternated between the smaller purple and white flowers. I also arranged them at varying heights. On the outermost ring, I attached the white flowers on ribbon.

I attached thin white ribbon to the center of each perpendicular bar to be able to hang the mobile. To hide the green and white wires, I wrapped the entire wire wreath with purple and white ribbon. I took care to not shift the stems so they stayed spaced how I wanted them. Then I used my glue gun to glue remanents of the small purple and white flowers to the top of the mobile.



Here is the first painted mason jar craft I did as well as the finished product.


I poured some paint into the jar and start spinning it to coat the inside. I added more paint as necessary. Then I placed them on some paper upside down to allow any excess paint to drain. I propped them up slightly to allow air in so they could dry overnight.

I took the top out of the mason jar and put the lid back on then I arranged the flowers how I wanted. I wrapped and tied the neck in twine, then hung them from the ceiling at varying heights.

Here is the second painted mason jar project.


I coated the inside of the jars in paint using the same method I described above. The wooden frame had hanging hardware so that it would hang like a portrait. I unscrewed it and reattached it so I could hang it like a landscape. Then I measured out where the center was above each empty square and put in a nail. Much like the first mason jar project, I arranged the flowers how I wanted them, wrapped and tied twine around the neck of the jar, and then hung them from the nails. I had to adjust this a few times to get them to hang how I wanted.

Michaels really needs to stop having sales and sending me coupons. I can't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment