Monday, December 22, 2014

Pregnancy Week 30: New Dressers and Christmas Crafts

This week, baby girl is the size of a butternut squash (I think this app has lost its mind, I'm pretty sure I've seen butternut squash before...maybe it was a different squash or something). She is approximately 17 inches long and about 3.1 pounds.

8 weeks
30 weeks

I'm not sure why, but blogger is making my lips purple in the side ways shot. When I look at the image on my phone it is quite clearly not purple. Oh well.

I love me a baby bump. My belly button is struggling. The top half is still in existance, but it is trying to become an outie. The bottom half is not having any of that nonsense and is just disappearing into the plane of my bump.

I'm so close to being done with my Christmas craft gifts. Once the holidays are over and the recipients have their gifts in hand, I'll post pictures.

The dressers arrived as well! Now I just need to get the stupid plastic baggies off the drawer knobs. Pics below.

I couldn't get the whole dresser and the wall art in one shot, so it is split into two.
This is the long dresser.

Here is a full shot of the dresser. Guess who got the bigger dresser ;)

This is what I call a "tall boy" and
what the furniture company calls a "chest of drawers"
Now let me tell you about #thestruggle. It is real. This baby bump is finally large enough to make regular pants not a comfortable option. I can get my old pants buttoned, but sitting in them is very uncomfortable. My maternity jeans, however, do not stay up at all. I ordered one of those body band things (for free!) and it should be here soon. Hopefully it will help me through this awkward in between period.

My back pain has increased dramatically. My sciatica flares up as usual, and I can deal with that. The obnoxious nerve pain under my right shoulder blade is proving to be a nightmare though. I can't sit for more than 10 minutes without it starting to throb, so I stand up...and 10 minutes later my sciatica starts screaming at me. There is a lot of stand up, sit down, stand up sit down going on these days.

That and the rib stretching. Holy crap, baby girl your head and or feet (depending on however she's flipped herself around that day) cannot go under my ribcage. Cannot. She is still crazy active and flips around constantly. Some days she is head down, some days she is head up, but most days she is sideways. When she is sideways, she like to hook one foot on my rib cage and the other on my hip bone. Then she stretches out all crazy like.

Those are my pregnancy gripes. Pretty much the same as every other pregnant woman's gripes haha.

We are registered at Babies "R" Us (#54941451) and Burlington Baby Depot (#34080180). They can be found by searching for either my or Josh's name.


No comments:

Post a Comment