Monday, December 15, 2014

Pregnancy Week 29: Reupholstering the Glider and Other Crafts

Saying goodbye is always quite terrible. It never gets easier and I never get better at it. Due to extreme stress, I started contracting at an alarming rate on Saturday (every 6 minutes or so). I knew it wasn't real labor (contractions weren't painful, weren't increasing in intensity, etc) but in general it's not good to be contracting like that at only 29 weeks. I called the hospital, and they wanted me to come in so in I went.

I was there for about 3 hours and they got the contractions to slow down to about every 15-20 minutes. My cervix wasn't opening, so they let me go home. Baby girl is doing great. My doula came with me so I wouldn't have to be alone (and because contracting like that is really disconcerting), which was really nice of her.

To de-stress (or at the very least evade stress for as long as possible) I have started a number of crafts and DIY projects. I'll post the pictures below my progress photos.

This week, baby girl is approximately 17 inches (this is supposedly the size of a small cabbage) and 2.9 pounds.
8 weeks
29 weeks

Nona knows that I am sad, so she's been giving me lots of cuddles and cuteness.

As I mentioned above, I've also been crafting and doing some DIY projects. A lot of the crafty stuff I can't show right now as many of them are Christmas gifts so those will have to wait.

Here are some letters of my and hubs' first initial that I decorated.


My big project is the nursery glider. I'm almost done reupholstering it. I just need to sew up the bottom cushion cover and it will be good to go. We got it for free, but it was blue so it needed an update.

Original blue upholstery (dirty and stained to boot, woo!)

  
Cutting out the shape and sewing up the cover (L), plus what the fabric looks like up close (R)

First arm on the glider on the left, and 3/4 of the way done on the right.

Update: Completed project!
I also finally got new dressers for Josh and I. We have both been trying to use one tall boy (I call it a tall boy anyway; the store people keep calling it a chest of drawers). The one tall boy has never been enough for both of our clothes though. The plan was always to give baby girl the dresser we were using and get new ones for ourselves. They will arrive Wednesday! They are dark brown and I absolutely love them.


I opted not to get the mirror though as I don't care for the weird 3/4 length of the dresser mirrors. The shorter of the two will go against the wall at the foot of the bed as well, so I'm pretty sure I would scare the pants off myself thinking there was someone in my room anytime I woke up in the night and caught sight of my reflection.

We are registered at Babies "R" Us (#54941451) and Burlington Baby Depot (#34080180). They can be found by searching for either my or Josh's name.


No comments:

Post a Comment