Monday, February 2, 2015

Pregnancy Week 36: One Month to Go!

This week, little miss is around 19-22 inches and weighs in around 6 pounds, which puts her at roughly the size of a large cantaloupe. Only 4 more weeks until baby girl's due date!

8 weeks
36 weeks

Her nursery furniture is finally set up how I want it; however, not everything has come in yet so it's still not 100% complete. Once I get it all set up I'll post pictures :) I still need to wash and put away all her little baby clothes. She has so many cute outfits. Hopefully she gets the chance to wear them all.

I'm starting to get really uncomfortable (I also feel freaking huge). My right ribs are constantly in pain and kind of feel like they are burning. I've been told this is my ribs spreading because of baby girl, but I can feel where she is. She is significantly lower than the painful ribs (2+ inches lower). If anything it would make more sense for my left ribs to be in pain as she likes to ram her butt and feet into them all the time. I'm thinking it's baby girl squishing all my organs up under my ribs. How nice of her ;)

I'm also having an incredibly hard time sleeping. At first it was the discomfort and constant need to get up and pee, but the discomfort part pretty much got taken care of by my massive nest of pillows. I'm just not sleeping for no apparent reason. I will be exhausted and ready for sleep but end up just lying there awake. The same things happens when I try to take naps during the day. I'm not really sure what that is all about.

Hopefully (like every other less than fun pregnancy symptom) it will go away once baby girl is born. I realize I won't be getting much sleep with a newborn, but I would really like to have the ability to take naps/sleep when the opportunity arises rather than this weird insomnia.

I'm thinking I'm going to start my food prep extravaganza soon. I have the intense urge to do everything right this second, but I'm thinking I should hold off on freezing a metric ton of food haha. Hopefully this way I will just be able to throw everything in the crock pot or defrost whatever it is I want to eat without having to spend a lot of time making it. I have the feeling once little miss arrives, I'm not going to feel much like cooking right away.

In other news, my birthday was  last week and I got some pretty jewelry.

 

I also got a ton of balloons and some sour skittles because every mature adults needs candy. Obviously.

I still feel really far behind and like I'm running out of time. Hopefully once the remainder of her baby stuff arrives I will be able to relax. I'm ordering a bunch of must-have items this week as well, which makes me feel a little better.

We are registered at Babies "R" Us (#54941451) and Burlington Baby Depot (#34080180). They can be found by searching for either my or Josh's name.


No comments:

Post a Comment