Monday, January 26, 2015

Pregnancy Week 35: Urge to Nest

Baby girl is still sitting around 19-22 inches long and weighs about 5.5 pounds. She won't get much taller from here on out; the remaining weeks are more about gaining weight. The app says this is the size of a canary melon. She doesn't look like she dropped any lower to me, but boy howdy does my bladder think she did. Baby girl is working on brain growth this week as well. Time to get those tiny neurons and synapses communicating!

8 weeks
35 weeks

There is still so much more I need to buy for little miss and the urge to nest is overwhelming. Hopefully once the remaining must-haves arrive, I will be able to get everything set up to my liking. Her nursery is actually almost ready. There is just a bunch of little projects that need to be done, but the perfectionist in me wants to do them all holy heck right now. Or maybe it is the hormones...could be a combination of both haha. 

My mother in law made me this awesome pillow thingamabob that has a hole in the middle so I can sleep on my stomach comfortably. They actually sell this kind of pillow premade, but none of the stores in our area sell them, so she made one for me as a birthday gift (my birthday is in two days, what?).

I used to sleep on my stomach prior to getting pregnant and I'm really uncomfortable in any other position, so this pillow has been awesome. Now if I could stop waking up every hour to use the bathroom I may actually be able to get some sleep.

Also, the next person who says this sleeplessness is good practice for when the baby comes is getting a boot to the face. I am well aware I will be getting little to no sleep in the near future. That does not mean I want to do so now. You cannot practice sleep deprivation; there is no such thing as being "good" at it. 

(Momma needs a nap, can you tell?)

I'm starting to alternate between being excited to meet my little miss and being absolutely terrified of the getting her out process. Oh labor, why must you be so laborious? Why can't there be a Nap and Delivery center? You know, where it is still a natural childbirth, but one where I get to take naps and feel no pain :D Someone needs to get to work on that idea right away.

Oh, and I made a new discovery last night. I can still fit into my normal jeans. What. The. Heck. Granted, they were my bloat jeans, but still. Freaky.

Update: My mom decided baby girl needed a face.


We are registered at Babies "R" Us (#54941451) and Burlington Baby Depot (#34080180). They can be found by searching for either my or Josh's name.


No comments:

Post a Comment