Monday, January 5, 2015

Pregnancy Week 32: New Sono Pic of Baby Girl's Face!

This week baby girl is approximately 19 inches long and about 3.9 pounds. This is supposedly the size of a head of lettuce. I don't know about you, but I've never personally seen a 19 inch head of lettuce.
8 weeks
32 weeks

And here is the sono pic from 31w4d (plus a labeled version for the sonogram-impaired)!
It was so awesome seeing her little face! She's still a girl—no little boy dongle showed up last second ;) (I'm weirdly paranoid about this happening haha). The doctor also got a really amazing view of her heart. I could see all 4 chambers and the doctor said everything was working perfectly. I'm used to seeing her organs (they just show up like black holes on a sonogram), but her bladder looked huge, so I asked the doc about it. Apparently baby girl needed to pee pee hahaha.

I also got to see her little lips moving! She was sucking her amniotic fluid (practice for when she is on the outside!); it was incredible to watch. 

She's head down and facing the side/back, which the doctor said is an excellent position should she decide to stay that way until delivery. Her new favorite game is to place her little hands on my hip bones and push like she is doing a handstand. At least that is what it feels like :)

I really, really like the doctor I saw. I've seen him twice now and both times he was awesome. 

In belated-holiday related news, one of my friends had this ornament made for me:

It is pretty much hilarious. And awesome. Hawesome.

The baby shower is in two weeks time. Hopefully I can lock in on a venue location today. I've been researching, but I'm having a hard time finding places that aren't meant for weddings (i.e. 150-300 people). There are too many people coming to be able to do it at the house, but I doubt it will exceed 40 (we've invited 55 or so, about 20 have RSVP'd). Hopefully I didn't forget to invite anyone (woohoo, pregnancy brain), but shoot me a facebook message if you think I did.

Update: Location is set for the baby shower! If you haven't done so already, please RSVP :)

We are registered at Babies "R" Us (#54941451) and Burlington Baby Depot (#34080180). They can be found by searching for either my or Josh's name.


No comments:

Post a Comment