Monday, February 16, 2015

Pregnancy Week 38: Nursery, Crafts, and Stomach Flu

This week, baby girl is still about 19-22 inches long and weighs around 6.5 pounds. Even though this has not changed from last week, the app has decided she is the size of a swiss chard. Winter melon sounded much cuter. Baby girl is pretty much just working on chunking up and fine tuning her brain. Otherwise, she is fully developed and can come at any time :D

I feel like the bump has changed into a very weird shape. These pictures don't capture it fully, but she looks much more blocky and less round, particularly on top.

8 weeks
38 weeks
I was horrendously ill Thursday and Friday. I went to bed early on Wednesday night because I felt kind of off. I ended up tossing and turning until about midnight. By that point my stomach hurt too much to lie down. Then around 1:00AM the vomiting started. Every 30-40 minutes I would trot off to the bathroom to heave my guts up (among other unpleasant side effects of gastroenteritis).

I called OB triage around 4:00AM as I was worried about dehydration. The nurse told me to call back at noon if it hadn't stopped. It didn't stop, so I called again. That nurse seemed to think I needed to be expelling my insides for 24 hours before they would give me fluids. That may be the case for non-pregnant people, but holy crap. I'm pregnant. Dehydration causes contractions. 

I was contracting for a solid hour every 8-10 minutes when I called again. For some reason, they still would not see me. Another couple of hours went by and I still couldn't keep any fluids down; my contractions had progressed to every 4 minutes and were noticeably uncomfortable by this point. I called again and STILL they would not see me. 

Thank god for friends. One of my friends went to the store and got me pedialyte and a ton of other stuff for my stomach. I was able to keep the pedialyte down and slowly the contractions stopped. The initial 24 hours were the worst of it, then next 24 hours I still couldn't eat much beyond crackers, but I felt significantly better. 

In more fun news, I also completed some crafts for baby girl and her nursery is set up :) I only have one picture to share of the nursery at the moment because her name is hanging on the wall in all the other photos. Just a couple more weeks until that big reveal ^_^


That picture on the floor is obviously not staying there, and a diaper changing table will go in front of that window once it arrives. However, you can see the awesome painting I got, my reupholstered glider, and her curtains.

I also finished reupholstering the Moses basket. It was my brothers when he was born.

Pink camo! Within seconds of finishing it, Nona tried to claim it. I have to keep it shut away in my room for now. All she wants to do is sleep in the Moses basket haha. If she fits, she sits.


This is a project I'm working on currently that is almost complete: The Neapolitan blanket! One of my friends got me some yarn for Christmas and I'm putting it to use :)


And last but not least, my Valentine's Day flowers <3 My week was filled with sickness and suck, but it ended on a high note! Nona is clearly feeling very jelly.


ETA: I also got this super awesome gigantic coffee mug. About to be a new mom? Not going to get any sleep? Obviously a giant coffee cup was very necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment