Monday, February 23, 2015

Pregnancy Week 39: Almost There!

This week, baby girl is still about 19-22 inches long, but now weighs around 7 pounds. The app says she is also officially the size of a watermelon. I don't think she weighs that much though; she measures small at all of my appointments.

8 weeks
39 weeks

At my last prenatal appointment, the nurse decided to check me since I had some signs of impending labor throughout the previous week. As of Thursday, I was a little more than 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and baby girl was at 0 station. Here is a visual of the various stations. 


I've been contracting all weekend, but they never really get going. They either don't get regular or they come regularly but they don't increase in intensity. It's making me super antsy haha. I wouldn't mind the waiting if she wasn't causing killer sciatica pain. Ever since she dropped way down, my back has thrown in the towel. 

My mom has come down to help out with little miss though, so she gives me back rubs :D Back rubs are the best. 

So now it is just a waiting game. If any of you would like to start doing your hurry-up-and-be-born already dances on my behalf that would be great. Hopefully my next post will contain cute baby pictures and her name reveal!

ETA: My mom likes to call the baby Turnip because she didn't know her name. She calls her Turnip specifically because that was what the app said her size was somewhere around the middle of the pregnancy. Anyone who's talked to my mom during this pregnancy knows she calls baby girl Turnip. I just received this from my MIL in the mail:


So many giggles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment