Monday, November 17, 2014

Pregnancy Week 25: Belly Update and Pinterest Hair

This week baby girl is about 9 inches long and weighs about 1.7 pounds. My phone app says she is the size of a turnip, buuuuut it also said turnip around 17 weeks or so. I decided to look it up on the internet (which is always right, the internet never lies >_>) and a lot of sites say she is actually more like 13.5 inches (weight is still on point). Another site says she is the size of an acorn squash.

Regardless of her relative size compared to food objects, she is growing :) Here are my progress pics (flipped the side view around so it lines up with the 8 week pic). Poking out!
8 Weeks

25 Weeks


I did ultimately figure out what to do with my hair for the big fancy to-do. As per usual, this practice run (top row and bottom left) turned out better than for the actual event (bottom right). Oh well.


I need to get a new computer chair. I've been using a padded fold out chair for the last two years, but apparently my back is not having it anymore. One more thing to add to the list for Black Friday shopping!

Update: Last night baby girl was doing some serious acrobatics. I can see her kick from the outside now, so I lifted up my shirt to see what she was doing. My entire stomach was rolling around like a water bed.

I now call complete BS on that "I didn't know I was pregnant" show. Even if these women were medical mysteries who never had periods anyway (or still somehow got them while pregnant), didn't gain weight, and didn't look pregnant, there is no way in hell they felt the baby movement and thought "Gee my Chipotle sure is active tonight!"

Then again, maybe I just have a super active baby. Still, there is no confusing the movement for any digestive function. I wish I could have captured it on camera, it was the craziest thing to watch.


We are registered at Babies "R" Us (#54941451) and Burlington Baby Depot (#34080180). They can be found by searching for either my or Josh's name.



No comments:

Post a Comment