Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Pregnancy Week 29: So Much Nesting + Dresser DIY

The theme of this week has been nesting. I can't concentrate on anything until I get at least one project done per day. Some of these projects require my husband's help since I can't lift heavy furniture or paint. We are a little more than one week into the second trimester. I still can't believe it. This is the most pregnant my husband has ever seen me. He deployed shortly before I hit 29 weeks with E, which is why I look less than thrilled in the pictures on the left.



I am carrying way lower this week with this pregnancy than with E. I'm not surprised since baby girl has her head crammed into my pelvis. My current pregnancy complaints are vomiting in my sleep, back pain, pelvic pain, and pain in my heels. However, E balances out my pregnancy complaints with her cuteness. She is ecstatic about being a big sister. I'm sure she will be less thrilled once the baby gets here and she has to share attention, but for now she loves the idea. She gives my belly kisses and asks me about her "sisser" all the time.

Nesting Projects 

I bought a dresser from a neighbor with the intention of painting it. Hubs had to do that. Poor dude. All I could talk about From Friday through Monday was his progress on the dresser, finishing the dresser, etc. He also took apart the old guest bed and put it back together in E's room. Then he put the crib together in the nursery and moved E's old dresser into the nursery as well. After that, he brought in the painted dresser and I put away E's clothes, made her bed, and all that fun stuff. He also put together the new guest bed frame. 

E's room is done enough for my liking, the guest room is ready, and all the necessary furniture is in the nursery. I still need to figure out how I'm going to arrange the nursery, but if I had this baby today we would be ok. No major movements need to happen from here on out; everything is small projects. This makes me feel so much better. I'm not sure why, but it was making me absolutely insane not to have these things taken care of. I still have months to go before the baby is born, but the nesting urge apparently does not care hahaha. 

Here is the before and after of the dresser. It looks so happy :) A fresh coat of paint (or two) makes all the difference.



Here is E's new bedding on her big girl bed and another view of the dresser. E absolutely loves her new bed. She wanted to go to bed the second it was put together. Seeing as bedtime was still over an hour away at that point, she had to wait. She stayed in it the entire night, though, so that is an improvement over the toddler bed.

She likes to do anything to be more like mommy and daddy. She went on and on about our bed, her bed, and how she's a big girl now. It was really cute. I'm really glad she's liking the transition. For now, we removed the box spring so she can get in and out of the bed on her own should she need to. It also makes for a much shorter fall should she accidentally roll out of bed. She's been sleeping dead center in the bed so far, though. Fingers crossed it stays that way.



For kicks, here is the new guest bed. We upgraded our guests from a double to a queen. Fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment