Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken

I am a big fan of crockpot meals. Now that I have two kiddos, I have less time to make dinner every day. I keep a few crockpot freezer meals on hand for days that I know I will be short on time. I pull them out 24 hours ahead of time, then toss them in the crockpot the next day. Of all the meals I've tried, the Hawaiian chicken was a family favorite.

Ingredients

To make enough for two adults and a toddler (plus left overs for my husband's lunch the next day), I use the following:
  • Two defrosted chicken breasts
  • Half a bottle of Hawaiian BBQ sauce (I use Lawry's)
  • An 8oz can of crushed pineapple
A friend suggested adding red pepper chili flakes to give it some kick.

Directions

I put the ingredients in that order into the crockpot and cook on low for 3.5-4 hours.

As sides, I prepare basmati rice and green beans. I make the rice according to the package. The green beans I put on the stove and add a bouillon cube to the water for flavor. I cook them on medium for 10 minutes or so.

Nutrition

The nutrition information below includes 3 oz of chicken, one serving of basmati rice, 4 tbsp of the marinade sauce drizzled over the rice, 1/4 cup of crushed pineapple, and one serving of green beans with bouillon.

Cals Fat Carbs Protein
382 2 69 20

No comments:

Post a Comment