Saturday, March 12, 2016

One Year Old!

My baby is one year old! I can't believe how fast the time flew by. I know everyone says that, but holy moly it is true. So far in her little life, she has visited 10 states (NC, VA, WV, KY, IN, IL, MO, KS, CO, and UT), started walking, and can say a few words. She's a busy little bee that never stops moving and playing.

For her birthday, I made her a smash cake and we visited a children's museum.







We are also officially done with the helmet! When she started with it, there was an 11mm difference between the sides of her head. Now it is down to a 3mm difference! We are super pumped to not have to deal with the helmet anymore and that E's head is round again 😂.

It's starting to warm up here, so we go to the park a lot. E likes to walk there and back on her own while holding our hands. Her little legs tire out pretty quickly, so she gets to ride on her daddy's shoulders the rest of the way. She loves the slide and the big, grassy field. She likes to run down the hill and usually face plants half way down. Apparently, it is hilarious because she giggles the whole time.

She also had her one year checkup. She's a tall, slender girl. She weighs 20 pounds and 5 ounces, which is the 34th percentile. She is 30.25 inches tall, which is the 84th percentile. Her pediatrician says she's doing great and is right on track developmentally.

We had a funny moment at the checkup. E's pediatrician was asking us questions about her eating habits (girl eats like food is going extinct), walking, talking, etc and then she asked if E claps her hands. The hubbinator and I couldn't remember, but as the doctor asked the question, she clapped her own hands. In the middle of our explaining that we didn't know if she could or not, E starts clapping her hands imitating the doctor. Guess she answered that question for us. Now we clap like morons all the time around her so she will do it right back. Sometimes she will high five if hubs and I do it first, She's an amusing little girl.

I went through all of the pictures from my phone that I saved to my computer over the course of her first year of life. I had over 650 pictures of E, which I whittled down to a mere 391. I ordered 4X6 of them, which should arrive today! I may have been a liiiiittle over zealous, but I refuse to be one of those people who only has pictures on Facebook, Instagram, whatever. I have picture walls in the house from our professional shoots, but I want memorabilia of actual day to day life as well.

I also have three picture frames I need to fill. Two of them look like windows, which I love. The other one is a window frame as well, but a different style. It doesn't have all the window panes. Instead, it has wires with clasps to hang pictures or whatever you want. I'll post pictures of them once I have them finished.

Update:

The pictures are all in photo albums and the wall art is complete and up on the walls :)

The pictures took up three albums.

Here is a close up of the window picture frames. Don't mind the sun glare.

It's so hard to get a shot during the daytime, and I always forget at night.
Oh well, bright light it is. 



My mom made that wine cork wreath. It's awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment