Monday, July 30, 2012

The beginning again: Insanity day 1, month 2

So I did the first day of month two for Insanity and I think my legs have died a fiery death. This is the first time since starting the program that active soreness set in later in the day. This may have something to do with the 3 mile run I did yesterday (day off, what? I know, it's bad but I was bored). I think what really made it killer was busting through a fit test (25 minutes) then having an hour long, higher intensity workout on top of it.

So here are my results for the first three fit tests. I score switch kicks like the little chart says too (2 kicks = 1 rep) but a lot of people must not notice that since they post each individual kick. For individual kicks my second and third week scores are 104, and 115 respectively.

Fit Test 1
(Day 1)
Fit Test 2
(Day 15)
Fit Test 3
(Day 36)
Switch kicks ? 5257.5
Power jacks404753
Power knees 80110114
Power jumps 30 35 38
Globe jumps7 9 10
Suicide jumps 12 15 16
Push up jacks 21 28 34
Low plank oblique 55 64 68

Something I did notice about this workout that differs dramatically from the first month was Shaun T's behavior. He is much more in your face and intense. He's constantly telling you to "dig deeper" and to get back in it if you have to stop. I guess he is a little more like a drill instructor than the friendly fitness instructor I got used to. It's not really a bad thing, it actually kind of helps to have his energy pumping you up when you feel so exhausted. The moves are also mostly different. There are still some oldies in the warm up, but the workout has a lot of new moves or modified/intensified moves. Have fun with full body drills (an evil cousin of level 1 and 2 drills). Mostly, I was just pleased to see the other people in the video taking little breaks and plopping to the ground after a particularly rough circuit.

Tomorrow is max interval plyo and I may be a bit afraid. Plyometrics was the hardest workout of month one for me, so we shall see what it has in store.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment