Monday, October 20, 2014

Pregnancy Week 21: Belly Belly Oxen Free

UPDATE: Where in the heck did my bump go? I woke up this morning and it was gone :(
21 Weeks


21 Weeks 1 Day


Anyone else experience a disappearing bump? Oh well, it will come and stay put eventually.

---

The belly has finally arrived. Sort of. Mostly, I feel like I look like a sausage. This week, baby girl is roughly the size of a large banana and is supposed to weigh around 11 ounces. However, at my anatomy ultrasound last Wednesday, she weighed 12 ounces.
8 Weeks


21 Weeks



Baby girl also started moving around like crazy the other night. I've tried orange juice and other sugary things to get her to move around for me, but none of it worked...until I took a sip of soda. I've never been a big soda drinker (as an adult anyway), so I haven't had any since well before I even got pregnant (I actually can't remember the last time I had soda haha). Apparently that sip is all it took because she kicked me about 6 times in a 10 minute window :) I haven't felt her since though.

I decided to commemorate the moment with a joker meme, because that is appropriate.


The anatomy ultrasound was underwhelming. The tech wouldn't tell me anything she was doing. I kept having to ask her over and over to tell me what she was looking at, is everything looking good, etc. She finally did assure me all the organs are accounted for and look good. Oh, and baby girl is still a girl and didn't pull a switcheroo on us haha. Otherwise, I didn't get much new info.

I am also working on my registry. I don't want to post where or any links yet until I have finished them (I am removing some things, changing others, etc). I'll make a separate post for when they are done.

My back is killing me these days. The sciatica pain is unreal. I mentioned at my last prenatal appointment that I can't get out of a sitting position on my own some nights, so they are looking into options for me. Physical therapy didn't do anything for me, nor did seeing a chiropractor so hopefully there is another option out there. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment