Friday, May 10, 2013

Crossfit Light WOD

So I've progressed beyond your traditional cardio, light weights, whatever people do before their actually really fit phase, but I'm not at the point to really be able to do crossfit workouts. I'm close to being able to take on some of the girls (I'm looking at you Cindy), but not quite. Yesterday I met one of my first bench mark goals, and I'm pretty stoked about it.

I can do 5 pull ups in a row. Oh yes, I am a beast. Well not really, but it was my first big goal. Considering 2 months ago I could only do 1, I am thrilled.

Anyway, I can't reliably do 5 in a row over and over again, so I've been doing my own version. I just require myself to get 5 pull ups before I move on to the next part of the circuit (so the first time I get all 5, then the next time I'll get 4, take a break for 15ish seconds then get the last one before moving on, hopefully that makes sense).

So here is the workout I did yesterday and turned into a fancy graphic just for you:




It took me about 21 minutes, and that too me is just not a long enough workout so I did some shoulder stuff as well:

3 rounds of each before moving on to the next move. 15 reps, 30 second break in between.

Military press
Side raises
Upright rows
Front raises
Shrugs

That got me to about 36 minutes, which is still short of where I like to be (40-50 minutes), but it's acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment